Happy New Year
Happy New Year everyone!
How am I feeling in this first month of 2019? Happy, healthy and soooooo inspired!
Last year was an amazing year for us in all facets of our life, and we're filled with ideas to make 2019 the best year ever for all of us!
2018 saw a number of major milestones in the Smith household:
- Norm and I turned 50 – wow it’s just fabulous! I just love being 50. We are both so much wiser and sensible now of course too!
- Maggie and William turned 18 and the next chapter of their beautiful young lives has begun. They finished Year 12 and both received the ATARS they needed to study nursing and Ag Science.
- Will was given a job working as a shepherd for 12 months on Lindis Peak Merino Station near Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Chloe Turned 21 – and what a party! That was one to remember. She excelled in the third year of fashion design in Melbourne and was also successful in her application for exchange to go to Farnham University in the UK in the first semester of this year.
- Amber finished a very successful first year at the University of New England (UNE) where she is studying Animal Science.
- Daisy finished Year 5 with a fun filled year of being a beautiful kind soul and received a Citizenship award on speech day.
- Our property, Glenwood, experienced the driest winter on record - we have rainfall records dating back to 1890. Not the best year for us with this terrible drought but it’s a part of life on the land that we have to learn to live with and plan for. Our thoughts are with all those affected but in particular to those further out west of NSW and in QLD.
Probably the biggest highlight of 2018 was the birth of our second little niece Sophie Denise Mitchell Smith, a little sister to our gorgeous Liv and divine little bubba to proud mum and dad – Pip and Ian. Welcome to the world Miss Sophie. May all your dreams come true and if they don't just call Aunty Pip anytime and she will be more than willing to assist.
In 2019 at LoveMerino we are so excited to be working together with Karen and Pepa, the wonderful co-owners and amazing designers of Shibori based in Stanmore, Sydney to create some exquisite pieces.
To begin with we are creating a beautiful Love Merino throw/blanket – that you are going to love, love, love! Designs and authentic pieces made from our very own merino that are so stylish and soft you will want to keep yourself constantly wrapped up or place them strategically around your home.
LoveMerino is also collaborating with Manny at AB Knitwear, Brunswick, Melbourne where we are again creating the most divine wraps and scarves. Sewn on a Flatbed machine this time the design, finish and feel will have you in raptures. They are so soft and warm against your skin. The design is versatile enough for anything from a formal occasion, to watching your favourite sport, to work. It’s also easily rolled up into your hand luggage when travelling.
Our 2019 colours are just divine. Elegant, classic and something for everyone!
After such a hectic 2018 we are starting 2019 with great gusto, unlimited possibilities and excitement. Stay tuned for the launch of the 2019 LoveMerino Collection.
In the meantime, head to our website www.lovemerino.com.au and have a look at the beautifully designed scarves we have available now.
Until next time. Stay safe and have fun.