LoveMerino products are made with fibre sourced exclusively from Glenwood using a new generation of Merino sheep called SRS®, developed by ex-CSIRO researcher Dr Jim Watts.
SRS® Merinos have been developed over the last 20 years as part of an intensive R&D program. The outcome is a plain-bodied Merino with minimal wrinkle that does not require mulesing, is comfortable in its environment and has exceptionally high levels of fibre density and length. This results in more efficient processing and exceptional end product quality.
Our fibre is simply superior to any other Merino currently available and is the only premium fibre that is truly natural, ethical and sustainable. It is silky soft, lustrous and luxurious and feels more like cashmere than traditional Merino. A product of millions of years of evolution it also has amazing natural properties which include:
- Super soft and non-itchy so you can wear it against the skin.
- Having a deep, rich appearance after dyeing – Making it perfect for our luxury scarves!
- Being an “active” fibre that reacts to changes in body temperature keeping you cool in Summer and warm in Winter.
- Providing natural resistance to wrinkles.
- Having excellent handle and drape which means our scarves effortlessly, elegantly and beautifully follow the form of your body.